The month of December can be a busy and stressful time for many of us. Working, shopping, wrapping, and all those holiday events (both family and professional) can take priority and seem more important than sleep. But don’t fall into the trap of scrimping on sleep just to accommodate more. Here are some tips to help you get through the holiday season:
- Schedule less – The office party and the elementary school concert are events you probably need to attend but maybe drinks with the neighbors can wait until January.
- Laugh more – So maybe that Gingerbread house you constructed is a serious Pinterest fail or the cat just knocked the tree over, again. Post the picture/video and give others a laugh too.
- Enlist help –If you really do need that drink with the neighbors, try to get something else done at the same time. Host a decorating party, a cookie exchange, or a card writing night.
- Enjoy yourself – Make sure you take a few minutes a day just to do something you really enjoy. A good book, a mindless game or a soak in the tub can help revive you.
- Plan properly – You’ll save time and money if you make a list and check it twice before you start shopping and know exactly what you’re looking for before you get to the store.
Above all, make sure you get the proper amount of sleep each night. It will make such a difference in your mood and ability to handle the extra holiday stress. Got some people on your list you still need to shop for. Go ahead and order some Sleep Squares and give them the gift of sleep. They will be glad you did.
Happy Holidays from Sleep Squares!